Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Currently Reading

I've been reading a lot lately, and I'd like to share two books that I strongly recommend:

The Princess Bride by William Goldman: I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally pick it up and read it. It's AMAZING so far, and I haven't made it much farther than the beginning (I'm right after the part where Prince Humperdink introduces Buttercup as his future bride to the kingdom). People have been telling me since middle school that it is a great book and even better than the movie. So far, I definitely agree!

Free to be Me by Stasi Eldredge: I finished this book a few weeks ago and I cannot stress enough how much I want every teenage girl to read this. (My sister is practically suffocating from how much I recommend this book to her  push this book in her face...) Stasi Eldredge is a woman's minister for Ransomed Heart Ministries. Her husband, John is most popular for writing the book "Wild at Heart." Together, they have written books like "Love & War," (a book for married couples and their walk with God) and "Captivating" (another book for women that I strongly recommend).  Stasi has come out with a new book called "Becoming Myself," depicting the importance of how we ought to be constantly concerned with becoming the woman who God has created us to be. "Free to be Me" is a book that encourages teenage girls to seek after the same concept. This book has extremely changed my perspective on who I am in Christ and how to live for Him with my whole heart.

What books have you been enjoying lately? Any recommendations?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment