1) Novel (I'm really excited for this story, because it's based on a short story that I wrote in the 8th grade--about four years ago.)
- Original Title: "Waiting for You," planning on changing the title.
- Genre: Historical Fiction
- Setting: The story begins during the 1950s, but the majority of the story is a flashback to the 1940s, during WWII, in Hampton & Charleston, South Carolina.
- Plot: Charlotte Randall is suffering from lung cancer and tonight could be her last night. Her younger brother, Stephen, is with her during this hard time and he encourages her to tell him a story, just like she used to when he was little. She remembers that there is one story about her life that she had never told Stephen: her love story. She tells the story of how she went to Charleston, South Carolina to get a job after the Great Depression. When she receives an offer to work as a housekeeper at the home of Pastor McGrath and his wife, little does she know that she would meet a WWII soldier that would change her life forever.
- Perspective: Charlotte Randall, Stephen Randall
- Characters: Charlotte Randall, Stephen Randall, Walter McGrath, Pastor McGrath, Mrs. McGrath
2) Script for an on-stage play production
- Original Title(s): Pride & Prejudice, Mr. Darcy's Confessions (you probably know where I'm going with this...)
- Genre: Classic Fiction
- Setting: Early 19th century England
- Plot: Darcy tells the story of how he met his wife Elizabeth Bennet to his sister Georgiana when they are settled at Pemberley.
- Perspective: Fitzwilliam Darcy & Elizabeth Bennet
- Characters: Fitzwilliam Darcy, George Wickham, Georgiana Darcy, Elizabeth Bennet, Jane Bennet, Mr. Collins, Lydia Bennet, Mrs. Bennet, Mr. Bennet, Charlotte Lucas
These are the basic pieces of information for both writing projects, and I fully intend to give more information on both of them soon.
What do you think so far? Please feel free to leave a comment or send a suggestion, question, or comment in the contact form. :)